Release Event for The State of the Education Beat Report
Survey of journalists reveals impact, obstacles, and what needs to change in profession
Education is at the center of the news like never before. But what obstacles do education journalists face as they seek to inform the public? What do they see as the most important issues in education today? And what do they believe needs to change about their own profession?
For answers to these and other questions, watch this State of the Education Beat report webinar, based on a national survey of education journalists. The report was produced for EWA by the EdWeek Research Center.
Following a short video presentation, you’ll hear from a distinguished panel of journalists and experts who discuss the report’s findings as well as field viewer questions.
The panel features:
- Greg Toppo, president, EWA Board of Directors (moderator)
- Erica Green, education reporter, The New York Times
- Jason Gonzales, education reporter, Chalkbeat Colorado
- Caroline Hendrie, executive director, EWA
- Holly Kurtz, director, EdWeek Research Center
This event was held on January 27, 2021.