International Literacy Association Convenes Global Literacy Community in Boston for ILA 2016 Conference & Exhibits
The International Literacy Association (ILA)
Attend the premier convening of the global literacy community where thousands will gather to hear from celebrity speakers and authors and get the latest on literacy research, 21st-century teaching, standards for literacy professionals, and the implementation on ESSA.
WHAT: International Literacy Association 2016 Conference & Exhibits
Transforming Lives Through Literacy 2.0
WHEN: Friday, July 8–Monday, July 11, 2016
WHERE: John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center
900 Boylston St, Boston, MA
The International Literacy Association (ILA) is bringing thousands from the global literacy community together from July 8–11 in Boston, Mass., under the theme “Transforming Lives Through Literacy 2.0.” Learn more here.
Professional journalists and education bloggers can register for a complimentary press pass. More details on press registration can be found here.
Highlights of the ILA 2016 Conference & Exhibits:
- Author, speaker, and literacy advocate Adora Svitak;
- The New York Times best-selling author and 2015 Newbery Medal winner Kwame Alexander;
- International best-selling author Laurie Halse Anderson;
- Steven Duggan, Director of Worldwide Education Strategy at Microsoft Corporation;
- Ana Dodson, reading support specialist and founder of Peruvian Hearts, as well as an ILA 30 Under 30 honoree for 2015
- Literacy Leadership: Teachers, principals, and academics discuss the importance of developing literacy leadership skills at all levels to cultivate improved literacy practices and outcomes across school, state, and national education programs.
- ESSA: Engage with the key stakeholders of the Every Student Succeeds Act in a special session that provides insight into the flexible funding platform and new state responsibilities.
- Literacy Research: Get the very latest on literacy research, the backbone of effective literacy instruction.
- Literacy Standards: Hear for the first time about the 2017 ILA Standards for Literacy Professionals, which serve as a guide in the development of university programs for preparing reading/literacy specialists and classroom around the world.
Media Contact: For all media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a sponsored message and does not necessarily represent the views of the Education Writers Association, its board of directors, or its members. Want to see your release on the EWA site? Promote it with EWA.