Trends in Charter School Finance
2015 EWA National Seminar
Funding for charter schools is a complex and divisive issue. Do charters get an equitable share of public dollars? How do school facilities fit into the equation, as well as private sources of support for the charter sector? What are recent evolutions in policy concerning charter finance and facilities, and what’s on the horizon?
- Sarah Carr, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism (Moderator)
- Kathy Hamel, Charter School Growth Fund
- Thomas Toch, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- David Welker, National Education Association
- Todd Ziebarth, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools