Taking Political Stock of the Common Core
Covering Standards and Testing (Denver Seminar)
It’s no secret that the standards and forthcoming tests have drawn increasingly strong criticism over the past year. Why has the Common Core become so controversial? What do the midterm election results mean for implementation and state support? And what happens in states that have called for a review or even rescinded the standards?
- Michael Petrilli, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- Deven Carlson, University of Oklahoma
- Mary Cathryn Ricker, American Federation of Teachers
- Dan Thatcher, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Andrew Ujifusa, Education Week (moderator)