Taking Political Stock of the Common Core
Covering Standards and Testing (DC Seminar)
It’s no secret that the standards and forthcoming tests have drawn increasingly strong criticism over the past year. Why has the Common Core become so controversial? What will the midterm election results mean for implementation and state support? And what happens in states that call for a review or even rescind the standards? Will much really change?
- Michael Brickman, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- Carol Burris, South Side High School (Rockville Center, N.Y.)
- Carmel Martin, Center on American Progress
- Michael McShane, American Enterprise Institute
- Andrew Ujifusa, Education Week (moderator)