Special Education and Charter Schools
Charters & Choice Seminar
A worrisome dimension of charter schooling is the oftentimes disproportionately low share of students with disabilities served by this sector of public education. Experts explore what explains the situation, what’s being done about it, and highlight examples where intensive work is underway to ensure that charters effectively serve the needs of all children, including those with disabilities.
- Pamela Bisceglia, Advocacy Denver
- Josh Drake, Denver Public Schools
- Scott Pearson, D.C. Public Charter School Board
- Lauren Morando Rhim, National Center for Special Education in Charter Schools
- Kavitha Cardoza, WAMU public radio (moderator)