International Tests, Global Comparisons
Beyond the Border: Covering U.S. Education in a Global Context
- Caroline Hendrie, Education Writers Association
- Michael Feuer, The George Washington University
Why do global comparisons in education matter? What do international assessments reveal, and what are their limitations? Have some countries been over-hyped based on their test scores? How do reporters make sense of it all for their readers?
- Marc Tucker, National Center on Education and the Economy
- Tom Loveless, Brookings Institution
- Caroline Hendrie, Education Writers Association (moderator)