LRP Publications, Inc. has been an industry-leading provider of multimedia solutions for business and education professionals for over three decades, offering world-class content and exceptional customer service. LRP’s customers receive the guidance, knowledge and tools they need in the format they want.
LRP is seeking a Writer/Reporter to develop timely, advice-driven content for its Special Ed Connection® website and accompanying print publications. Our products provide practical and legal compliance advice and targeted solutions for K-12 special education staffs and schools attorneys. Previous experience covering or knowledge of education/special education issues is a plus but not necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated interviewing skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely. Specifically, the Writer/Reporter will:
- Learn about our readers and the issues that concern them to independently generate story ideas to meet their needs
- Conduct extensive phone interviews to elicit advice-driven information; develop and maintain a pool of expert sources in the field
- File a minimum of four articles per week
- Contribute to a monthly publication plan using feedback from sources, observations of trends/emerging issues
- Visit successful schools occasionally throughout the year to uncover best practices; attend Company conferences as needed
- 4-year college degree
- 1 year of reporting experience with proven ability to generate story ideas and interview expert sources by phone
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely and appropriately structure stories
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Ability to report to the Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., office during normal business hours
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Wrike project management software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
LRP is committed to providing a challenging and cooperative work environment where each employee is treated as a valued resource. In addition to a stable and supportive work environment, we provide:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement savings account with employer match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Business casual attire
Candidates must apply via: https://careers-lrp.icims.com/jobs/1153/writer-reporter/job?in_iframe=1
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.