North Canyon Media Inc. (“NCM”)
North Canyon Media Inc. (“NCM”) is a well-funded, fast-growing media and technology company in New York City. Our mission is to build products and content that improves the outcomes of high school students in the United States. We are deeply passionate about our mission and working diligently to tackle some big and previously unsolved problems in Education.
We embrace inclusivity and are building a diverse team with people from a wide variety of cultural and life experiences.
Are you a writer with experience in service journalism or education-related topics? Can you bring to life subjects such as succeeding in high school or going to college, personal finance, discovering careers, or personal growth? We are on the search for Writers to join our growing team.
Reporting to the VP, Head of Editorial, this role will shape Level All. This is a soon-to-launch product driven to help high school students to discover new opportunities—whether it’s on or off the college path. As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our content and see your work have a real world impact.
- A self starter who loves working in a start-up environment and collaborating
- Has intellectual curiosity for a wide range of topics and categories
- Passionate about writing and creating inspiring content
- Has experience either in the editorial world, branded content, or digital landscape
- Understands how to create content that is conversational, engaging, and to the point
- Understanding and synthesizing complex subject matter
- Writing at a high pace and fulfilling daily assignments
- Incorporating editorial feedback and implementing that feedback into articles
- Developing content that is engaging and platform appropriate
- Actioning written content that syncs with the tone of voice of the brand
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Creating content that is unbiased
- Having a high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Google docs, business messaging apps and project management software
To apply, please email your resume and short cover letter with
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.