Website Content Specialist
The Website Content Specialist is responsible for managing the content on the City Year website, which includes the national site and local sites. This individual will lead on content creation for the website for key target audiences, coordinating among all headquarters departments including marketing, development, regional site operations, and the office of the CEO. The Website Content Specialist will serve as an integral part of the communications team, ensuring that City Year’s web content strategy is supportive of organization’s overall long term impact goals and fully integrated with its overarching external affairs strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, this role will be based in Boston’s City Year headquarters as part of the national headquarters communications team working on initiatives across departments, disciplines, and sites in the City Year network nationwide.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage day-to-day content development on the City Year website to determine and meet the needs of internal stakeholders and integrate with the overall digital strategy, working in partnership with marketing.
- Source, develop, write, and edit new content by tapping into internal experts in departments across City Year such as impact services, marketing, recruitment, strategy/growth, development, and public policy to ensure content is relevant to City Year’s target audiences, which include potential City Year recruits, funders, school and district partners, and elected officials.
- Support communications and marketing teams in the complete refresh and redesign of the City Year website, working in partnership with development, recruitment and admissions, sites, and other departments.
- Work with marketing to make updates to website as requested by various departments and City Year sites; provide recommendations to departments and sites on development of additional content, pages, and functionality to cityyear.org.
- Conduct regular audits of website content to ensure information is up-to-date, compelling, and in line with the City Year brand and positioning/thought leadership strategy.
- Develop and contribute content for national City Year blog in partnership with the communications and marketing teams.
- Work closely with the marketing team to improve website based on audience insights and to ensure that the website content is written and optimized for search
- Support communications team in the development and implementation of an integrated communications plan for the organization.
- Support other communications team projects as necessary.
Who Should Apply
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5+ years of experience in communications, digital writing, and/or website management.
- In-depth understanding and day-to-day experience of Content Management Systems, basic HTML and CSS, and social media channels.
- Demonstrated experience writing and developing content for websites and online communities in a professional capacity.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Exceptional project and time management skills with ability to manage projects from conception to completion.
- Creative and passionate about finding new, compelling ways to reach and communicate with external audiences.
- Adept at storytelling and editing raw content with a narrative eye.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information and data in order to develop meaningful and engaging content.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of an organization to complete projects.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, demanding, and rapidly changing environment with a “can-do” spirit and flexibility.
- Understanding of and passion for the work City Year does in partnership with schools and communities to serve diverse populations.
Please apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter at https://cityyear.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CityYear/job/Boston-MA/Website-Content-Specialist_R1843-1
Questions about the position? Contact Tina Chong at email@example.com
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.