Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your ability and creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for quality education for all students and stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle and San Francisco offices you’ll find all the teammates, know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are … social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are a Vice President with digital and earned media experience who knows how to:
- Develop and execute outstanding, thoughtful and creative strategies to help clients succeed through effective communications and advocacy strategies to advance their work, brand and standing
- Develop the full range of communication strategies, content and tools, including social media, speech writing, media outreach, white papers, blog posts, op-eds and web content
- Serve as a day-to-day contact and lead strategist for multiple clients and issues, understanding the larger integrated strategies in place, delivering counsel and solutions that enhance effectiveness and impact, and troubleshooting challenges as they arise
- Manage collaborative teams and account budgets across the firm to provide seamless, top-notch client service though hands-on execution of integrated campaigns, working with internal departments (including digital, planning, creative, and production) to develop insightful, on-time and on-budget creative concepts, messaging and materials
- Build rapport and cultivate relationships with our clients and effectively resolve client problems/concerns to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage, coach and mentor team members in support of their individual professional growth and advancement at the firm
- Be a champion for equity and inclusion, and an active partner in ensuring the firm is a place where all team members feel welcome and have the opportunity to grow and thrive
- Write and edit with accuracy and power, and have the ability to move people with your words
- Present your ideas orally – in person and virtually – to coworkers, partners and clients with effectiveness, clarity and enthusiasm
- Build relationship with reporters, handle media requests, prep clients and staff interviews for successful earned media placements
- Monitor, evaluate and understand metrics to support success, measure results, and apply lessons learned to future tasks
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business and opportunities, writing proposals and delivering effective presentations
- Play a senior role on account teams, cross-firm committees and in the operations of the Seattle office
- A bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- 8+ years of experience in strategic communications
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Strong media relations skills and experience in executing communications strategies
- Knowledge of public policy issues, with education (PreK, K12, Postsecondary, lifelong learning) preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with digital online communications campaigns, networks and best practices
- Ability to develop strategies and solutions that generate measurable results for clients and integrate performance metrics
- A passionate to make the world a better place for all
This position is with our cross-firm Education Team. Our Seattle office is the intended post-pandemic location for this position.
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.