The Hatcher Group
The Hatcher Group is a national communications and public affairs firm that works with foundations and nonprofits to advance progressive social change.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and veteran communications professional with at least 10 years of experience in the communications field. This is a full-time position in our Bethesda office.
The vice president will manage major client projects and issue campaigns in the education, poverty, environment and social justice arenas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong passion to move a progressive policy agenda
- Significant management experience
- Successfully managed communications for a non-profit organization or national or state-level policy issue campaign
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and strong national print and television media contacts
- Extensive experience writing op-eds, press releases, policy briefs and pitching reporters
- A strong desire to manage and work in teams; mentor junior staffers; identify and implement new communications strategies to advance social change
- Prior journalism and agency experience, a plus.
Founded in 2000, The Hatcher Group’s clients include major national foundations, nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations. The Hatcher Group’s 32-person team includes experienced journalists, senior government staffers, savvy digital media strategists, and talented designers.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., near the nation’s capital, The Hatcher Group also has offices in Baltimore and Annapolis.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.