Temporary Freelance Writer/Content Creator
Carnegie Corporation of New York
Carnegie Corporation of New York is seeking a temporary freelance writer/content creator to generate articles and other forms of in-depth content for our Web site. The job will entail producing high-quality, sharable content around the Corporation’s four core programmatic areas, including:
- International Peace and Security
- Higher Education and Research in Africa
- K-12 Education in the U.S.
- Citizenship and Civic Integration
The freelance writer/content creator will create and curate long and short form articles, lists and slideshows, infographics and multimedia. Content will be drawn from research, internal staff expertise, our large pool of grantees, and trends within each program area.
The duration of the assignment is six months, and will require some on-site assignments at the Corporation’s headquarters in New York City in addition to remote work.
The writer/content creator will report to the Director of Communications and Content Strategy.
Carnegie Corporation of New York was established by Andrew Carnegie in 1911 to promote the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding. In keeping with this mandate, the Corporation’s agenda focuses on the issues that Andrew Carnegie considered of paramount importance: international peace, the advancement of education and knowledge, and the strength of our democracy.
Learn more at www.Carnegie.org
Candidates must possess the following:
- Deep understanding of at least one of the four core programmatic areas
- Track record of producing high-quality content
- The ability to think creatively about content production and storytelling
- Strong writing and/or production skills
- The ability to turn content around on tight deadline
Desired additional qualifications:
- Knowledge of social media dissemination techniques and channels
- Familiarity with the foundation and non-profit world
Applicants should submit a resume and 2-3 work samples related to one of our core programmatic areas to Robert Nolan, Director of Communications & Content Strategy email@example.com.
Carnegie Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.