Senior Account Executive at Education-focused P.R. Firm (Remote)
Are you interested in pursuing a career in communications on the national stage? Are you passionate about helping innovative organizations make a great impact on our nation’s schools? Does an organization with a diverse and high-profile client base that will provide great opportunities for professional growth and good compensation sound appealing? Then read on:
Larson Communications is a growing public relations firm that has developed a reputation as the nation’s premier public education reform communications organization. With team members in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago and Denver, we serve clients across the country as they do positive work with thousands of children and families.
Larson Communications has a values-driven culture. We believe in cultivating a work environment for all that fosters a dedicated, passionate and high-performing team. Our shared values of service, commitment to excellence, integrity, team and passion fuel our work. We strive to have a team that is reflective of our clients and the communities they serve. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds with unique perspectives who can complement our existing team.
Our small, seasoned team has over eight decades of experience in raising the visibility of great organizations, including some of the most innovative charter school and education reform organizations in the country. We celebrate this cause, our spirit of collaboration, and are looking to bring aboard a self-motivated, highly skilled Senior Account Executive to join our team.
As Senior Account Executive, your job duties will include:
- Acting as the primary contact with clients, continually fostering strong relationships.
- Providing strategic counsel and developing the right messaging to help organizations tell their stories to national and regional audiences.
- Finalizing and distributing communications materials to internal and external audiences (e.g. news releases, pitches, fact sheets, talking points, presentations, etc.).
- Mentoring and managing the daily work of support staff.
- Working with top-tier media outlets in the education and policy beats, including managing media relationships on our clients’ behalf.
- Engaging in the firm’s new business development process.
- Staying updated on the latest cutting edge trends in public relations as well as being an active participant in the education reform movement.
- Serving as ambassador of Larson Communications when networking with clients and professional peers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 5 – 8 years of experience in the public relations or public policy arenas. Direct experience working with journalists is preferred.
- Direct experience or demonstrated interest working in the education reform space is a plus.
- Social media management experience for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Policy or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate successful execution of media and broader communications campaigns.
- A team player with a collaborative spirit and demonstrated experience in leading team projects.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, social and digital media tools as well as Meltwater.
- Team culture focused on growth and mentorship
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Individual health care contributions
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation
Location: Larson Communications offers a remote work environment. Preference may be given to candidates near our team members in Chicago or Denver.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with heading ‘Senior Account Executive application for Larson Communications’ along with a cover letter. To be considered, please include the word pineapple in your cover letter. Please no phone calls.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.