Seeking Editor for Higher Education Newsletter
Industry Dive is hiring an editor to help lead our coverage of the higher education industry. We’re looking for an experienced, talented journalist who wants to dig deep into the trends and storylines shaping the future of higher ed. (This is not a remote position.)
You will get a chance to own a fast-growing digital product, build a trusted relationship with readers, and use all your journalism tools, from reporting breaking news to editing longer trend stories. You’ll assign stories to staff writers and freelancers, edit briefs and features for the five-day-a-week newsletter, and get to work in an exciting newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your skills and creativity. You also will travel to industry events.
What you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting, writing and editing on the business of higher education.
- A strong aptitude for interpreting national and state-level higher education policy trends and analyzing data for an audience of college and university leaders.
- Tuned-in instincts for selecting stories that are about the changing higher education business model, writing attention-getting headlines and decks, and developing long-range projects that resonate with institution administrators.
- An interest in issues that impact a national audience of administrators who work at public, nonprofit and for-profit institutions, including but not limited to national higher education policy, the implementation and impact of technology, online learning and non-traditional learners.
- Comfort with social media and the ability to build an audience on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of our work.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Professional experience: 5+ years at a minimum with at least 2 years of higher education coverage.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device.
Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism. Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and help shape the future of a growing media business.
Located in the heart of Washington D.C., our workspace boasts a lot of perks, including a casual dress code, treadmill desks and dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.” It was selected as a “Best Place to Work” in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the Washington Business Journal.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.