Seeking Contract Writer for National Education Nonprofit
Looking for a great short-form writer with knowledge of Common Core Standards and elementary and middle school math, reading and writing standards/curricula to work on eight-month contract at a nonprofit based in Oakland, CA.
This full-time contract job involves developing content in a number of media, explaining to parents their child’s Common Core test results and offering easy ways for them to help their children improve.
Ideal candidates understand both specific standards and underlying themes of Common Core Standards and are able to translate assessment and educational information into easily digestible, consumer-friendly prose.
Competencies and Experience:
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Exceptional wordsmith
- Excellent verbal skills
- Experience writing for the web (not articles but heads, decks, blurbs, etc)
- Experience with Common Core standards or assessments and elementary and middle school math, reading, and writing.
- Experience with curricula.
- Capable of writing in multiple forms: (for the web, text messaging programs, short video scripts, short how-to articles, tips)
- Able to write warm, clear prose accessible to a wide audience
- Able to write quickly
- Able to research best practices from educators and other experts
- Able to generate new ideas/activities for parents to help their children improve
- Able to collaborate with team of UX designers/engineers/product managers… etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Wonderful work environment at our offices in Oakland, CA
- A chance to help parents make sense of their child’s learning and help them!
Apply by sending an email of inquiry, resume and writing sample (ideally shortform) to:
Carol Lloyd, Executive Editor at GreatSchools
At GreatSchools we strive to create a fun and supportive environment where people of all walks of life feel supported and are able to thrive and build a great career.
Contract: Starts immediately.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.