How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Application – Research Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will reach out within two weeks if you’re selected to move forward.
EdSolutions is an education-focused strategy and innovation consulting firm dedicated to generating social impact through educational markets. We help non-profits, foundations, social enterprises, and investors center education innovation and philanthropy efforts on underserved students, increase the diversity of education leadership and scale proven innovations to reach the students who will benefit most from them.
About the Research Associate Role
Research Associates play a critical role on the EdSolutions team: conducting research and analyses, collaborating with Engagement Managers, engaging with Partners, and supporting the project team.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analysis; translate data into meaningful insights under the guidance of the project’s Engagement Manager
- Develop a strong knowledge of key databases, both internal and external
- Support all aspects of client engagements from scope definition to delivery, including the creation of “client-ready” deliverables such as PPT deck slides and research overview reports
- Share insights and results clearly and concisely in both writing and through interactions with team/clients
- Demonstrate initiative and effectively manage time and schedule
- Develop knowledge of market issues, needs, and context
- Make frequent use of Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Word, and PowerPoint
Required Skills & Experience
A successful candidate will have the following prerequisite skills and expertise:
- BA/BS with strong academic background
- An ability to focus on solutions and to follow through
- Self-directed individual who takes initiative
- Effective communication skills; strong ability to share and synthesize knowledge
- An ability to think strategically and anticipate future opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to staying organized
- Strong analytic skills and experience with spreadsheet software, including the ability to analyze and synthesize large data sets in Excel (knowledge of pivot tables, vlookup, etc. is a must)
- An ability to navigate ambiguity comfortably and meet frequent deadlines
- An ability to connect with people both on an individual level and in groups
- A sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Previous work in / knowledge of the education sector and/or management consulting (e.g., McKinsey, Deloitte) is a plus
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.