Reporter, Higher Education
EDITORIAL – EDUCATION DIVE
The Higher Education Reporter will regularly write stories that lead our B2B coverage of the Higher Education industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original features that analyze the trends and issues impacting college administrators and staff. You will monitor your beat, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with stakeholders and hunt down scoops. You also will travel to one to two conferences per year. This position reports to a managing editor.
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record reporting and writing on the business of higher education.
- An interest in issues that impact a national audience of higher ed leaders, including but not limited to how colleges and universities make and manage their money, changing business models for higher education, and oversight issues such as governance and accreditation.
- A strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing national and state-level education policy trends.
- Tuned-in instincts for selecting and pitching stories to report and write.
- Experience writing web headlines and copy editing content.
- The ability to build an audience on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of our work.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 5+ years at a minimum with at least 2 years of higher education coverage.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world’s fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
To submit an application, please click on this link.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.