Reporter – Education Policy, BGOV
Performs general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces. Researches, and writes news stories and features for assigned publication(s).
- Demonstrated ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline.
- Working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes.
- Ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications.
Send cover letter and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.