Southern Regional Education Board
We seek talented professionals who are passionate about education and whose experience and skills match our needs.
This is a full-time position in SREB’s Atlanta offices.
SREB seeks an experienced News Manager to proactively raise the visibility of the organization’s work in traditional, digital and partner media outlets.
What does the SREB News Manager do?
- Serve as a liaison between SREB and media outlets, developing and maintaining relationships with reporters, writers, editors, producers and partner organizations
- Release new SREB reports, promote SREB programs and connect local media to SREB work in their areas
- Proactively offer SREB resources for breaking or trending education topics. Position SREB experts as media sources. Coach experts for media interactions
- Identify, write and place op-eds and blog posts on SREB-priority and trending topics
- Participate as key team member in campaigns via media, digital, video, audio, social media and in-person events
- Develop SREB capacity to produce video and audio
- Stay abreast of priority SREB efforts and related national, regional, local and social news
What does it take to be SREB News Manager?
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field AND five years of professional experience in journalism or communications; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven or more years professional experience in news writing or production, communications or medial relations preferred
- Experience with education news at media outlets, non-profits, colleges, or education agencies preferred
For this opportunity, we seek candidates with:
- Demonstrated ability to forge and manage professional news relationships
- Ability to write and edit fluently and accurately
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- A strategic approach to communication, from planning through evaluation and improvement
- An enthusiasm for continuous learning and improvement
- A creative problem solver with a positive demeanor
Occasional overnight travel is required.
Our commitment to SREB team members includes these
Flexible spending and health saving account options
Generous time off and holidays
Outstanding retirement plan
Apply at https://www.sreb.org/careers
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.