Multimedia Engagement Journalist
The multimedia engagement journalist will find alternative and innovative ways to present news and features on IdahoEdNews.org, using video, photos and graphics. The incumbent in this position will write, report and investigate Idaho public education with an emphasis on alternative presentation. The incumbent in this position also will drive public awareness of education issues using social media. IdahoEdNews.org is an independent news site devoted to Idaho public education.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the Idaho Ed News staff to create engaging reports and articles about best practices in education
- Assist with, revise, and develop investigative reports on Idaho public education
- Create engaging reports using graphics, photos, and videos
- Work with other statewide community education organizations to promote healthy conversations about education reform
- Use social media to increase traffic at IdahoEdNews.org and IdahoEdTrends.org
- Write news articles that reveal trends in Idaho public education
- Be familiar with the practices and policies of the State Board of Education, State Department of Education or National Clearinghouse
- Manage multimedia productions for all staff members
- Investigate best practices in education and report findings
- Attend and report from key education meetings
- Travel to attend conferences and trainings on education writing
- Coordinate project goals, work plans, timelines, and implementation strategies
- Monitor the State Department of Education, State Board of Education and the Legislature
- Monitor and report on teaching and learning standards – Idaho Core Standards
- Be familiar with all education policy and how that policy shapes teaching and learning
- Evaluate policy implementation in efforts to reveal trends and challenges, sharing results with Idaho Ed News staff
Contact editor Jennifer Swindell at email@example.com
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.