The Education Dive: K-12 reporter will regularly report and write stories that lead our coverage of K-12 education, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original articles and features that analyze the trends and events impacting the nation’s public schools. You will monitor your beat, pitch story ideas, cultivate relationships with sources, hunt down scoops, cover breaking news and trends and attend conferences and events. This position reports to the managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven writing and reporting skills, especially complex topics.
- Ability to interpret and analyze education trends and major news events.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with important sources.
- Strong digital news knowledge.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Ability to report and write stories for daily deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a journalist, including at least 2 years covering K-12 education. Business journalism experience preferred.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world’s fastest-growing providers of business journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 20 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a “Best Place to Work” by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.