Internal Communications Manager (0407)
University of California Office of the President
Requisition Number: 20150246
Appointment Type: Staff – Career
Personnel Program: MSP
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Percentage of Time: 100%
Organizational Area: External Relations – Communications
Location: Oakland, CA
Posting Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience.
The University of California’s Office of the President Internal Communications (IC) team is looking for a seasoned, energetic and versatile communications professional to serve as its Internal Communications Manager. We’re looking for someone with a strategic and creative approach to communicating across traditional and digital platforms, a track record of mentoring and developing other writers, a keen eye for a compelling story, and a deft hand at turning sometimes dry information into engaging content.
Our ideal candidate can conceive and implement communication strategies, has superior writing, editing and interpersonal skills, and is naturally upbeat and collaborative. S/he is keenly interested in creating communications that educate and help build community, and can perform with poise under tight deadlines and shifting priorities. The ability to successfully navigate a complex organization and interact with senior leaders with diplomacy and tact is also important.
The Internal Communications unit is a six-person team, responsible for creating and delivering timely news and information to the more than 230,000 employees and retirees of the University of California system. This includes original news and digital content, materials about compensation and benefits and other employment-related matters, messages from leadership, and communications about university initiatives and organizational changes. Because the Internal Communications unit is relatively small, all team members report to the Director.
Specific responsibilities for the Internal Communications Manager include:
* In consultation with the Internal Communications Director, oversee the day-to-day work of the IC team, including planning and managing editorial calendars, and ensuring that projects are completed on schedule;
* Coaching IC team members regarding their writing and storytelling skills;
* Assisting the Director in the overall management of the Internal Communications unit:
- helping to develop and execute communications strategies for institutional priorities
- helping to identify and execute the best vehicles to achieve objectives
- maintaining consistency of editorial tone and style
- forecasting, planning, and resourcing projects
- working with Internal Communications staff to troubleshoot workflow and project problems
- raising work and personnel issues with the Director as needed
- serving as back-up manager in the Director’s absence
* Collaborating with other department colleagues to ensure consistent messaging and a smooth and efficient workflow, and that content is integrated and coordinated;
* Maintaining a portfolio of individual projects of his/her own.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Other Special Conditions of Employment:
Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Job Close Date:
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/873803
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.