Higher Education Editor
Forbes Advisor is looking for an editor with higher education and K-12 experience to join the Forbes Advisor team as Higher Ed Editor. With the higher ed editor role, we aim to provide quality content on a wide range of education topics, including choosing a major in college, careers by degree, researching schools and more.
● Help the Managing Editor build and scale education
● Brainstorm and contribute to social content including video series, features and original photography efforts
● Find, recruit and set up freelancers with higher education expertise. Train and support freelancers on how to use Forbes Advisor tools and style guides
● Work with the team to build best practices for higher ed content strategies, including content, templates, imagery and social media standards
● Leverage data and SEO best practices to create monthly topics for freelancers that include explanatory content, how-tos, roundups, best-ofs and school reviews
● Work collaboratively with the global editorial team, creating best practices worldwide for the space
● Create rubrics to rate and rank related products and services for best-ofs (example: Best Online Colleges)
● At least 3 years of experience as an education editor
● Good understanding of education-centric concepts and data-driven practices for measuring schools
● Experience with SEO best practices, willingness to learn and expand SEO skills
● Extremely organized and detail-oriented
● Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
● Familiarity with Trello a plus
● Competitive compensation package
● Ability to work remotely
● Unlimited PTO
Sound like you?
Email your resume, a brief introduction and two samples of your existing work to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.