Group Online Sales Account Executive
Education Week, the most trusted voice in American K-12 education journalism for over 30 years, seeks a results-oriented Account Executive to drive revenue growth in our Group Online Subscription (GOS) product.
Our GOS product serves an audience that includes Ivy-league universities, school districts, federal/state government agencies, service providers, and non-profit organizations. It provides educators, administrators, students and lawmakers with pertinent information and insight on education issues and trends.
If you’re a self-motivated, results-oriented, get-it-done sales professional with a proven track record in selling online content, site licenses, software or technical products who can thrive in an inside sales environment, this may be the year you’ll launch the next and greatest phase of your career.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading college or university; high GPA preferred
- Two or more years of inside-OUTBOUND calling sales experience
- Comfort and ability to sell over the telephone, including cold calls
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Business-to-business sales background. Sales to institutions a plus
- Documented prior earnings of $50,000-per-year or more from an outbound calling telesales position
- Superb virtual meeting/presentation skills
- Experience in selling content to site licenses/group subscriptions to large groups
- Strong telephone presentation and interpersonal skills
- Content-based, technology or intangible product sales background
- Strong Web experience, technical acumen, and PC skills that go well beyond Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Worked successfully in a structured, metric-based environment
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect and acquire new GOS clients within an assigned territory
- Execute daily high-volume cold-calling efforts
- Qualify leads generated by marketing
- Schedule and execute virtual meetings with senior education industry executives, university librarians, school district leaders and corporate/non-profit decision-makers
- Conduct pre-call research to identify conversation points
- Cross-sell, up-sell and negotiate ever larger contract solutions to expand revenue from existing clients
- Meet (or exceed) quarterly growth-laden revenue quotas
- Conduct timely and thorough post-sale administrative, production, and customer service activities that ensure client and company success
- Leverage available data sources, including customer histories, competitive tracking tools, publicly available information, and social media tools to maximize your time and efforts
- Surface prospects’ strategic and operational challenges and match their needs to our GOS offering
- Conduct formal presentations and training to persuade decision-makers and users to purchase and optimize use of our GOS offering
- Develop and leverage extensive knowledge base of issues in K-12 education, including talent acquisition and performance management
- Maintain full compliance with our CRM (Salesforce.com) processes, including (but not limited to) customer communication, lead qualification, pipeline development, client/market intelligence capture, quote process, and post-sale servicing.
- Compensation orientation and comfort working in a commissioned sales environment (base salary plus commissions)
- PC proficiency, including Word, PowerPoint, email, and internet and the demonstrated ability to learn new applications quickly
- Exceptional team player with the interpersonal skills–including confidence and humility–necessary to interact effectively with various departments, levels of management and clients
The Group Online Sales Account Executive position requires close
interaction with our Audience Development team. This inside sales
position is located in Bethesda, MD, an immediate suburb to
Competitive base salary + commission.
Interested applicants can submit a résumé and cover letter to Ryan Lanier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.