John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is a global enterprise providing must-have content and services for the academic, professional, scientific, technical, medical, consumer, and scholarly markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a versatile, proven Freelance Editor, who will serve as editorial visionary for a newsletter targeted to women in higher education. This position is based in our fast-paced US B2B group.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, hands-on editor, who is well-versed in creating stellar print and digital products.
Specifics of this dynamic position:
1) You will manage the editorial process for our monthly, subscription-based newsletter, from writing and assigning stories and editing raw copy, to overseeing print and digital design.
2) You will write or assign the majority of the content for each issue. You must have your own stable of freelance writers to tap for this material, and you must be able to produce strong copy yourself.
3) You build productive working relationships with professional associations that serve our audience, internal staff (including sales, marketing, advertising, and circulation peers), and freelance contributors.
4) You are a capable financial planner and manager, who will be responsible for maintaining an annual freelance budget, as well as a travel budget.
5) You can travel as needed to conferences and network effectively with senior higher education administrators.
To be eligible for consideration, you must have a minimum of five years’ experience in B2B (or related) publishing, be an organized and competent assigning editor and line editor who can shift gears quickly to handle editorial, design, and production issues as they arise, have proven experience multitasking; building relationships with others; managing challenging situations and personalities; proficiency in MS Office. We require all candidates to have journalism, English, related bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, and to have a broad knowledge of online research tools.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter, along with two samples of articles you have written and two samples of work you have edited to Joan Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we appreciate your interest, only those candidates with whom we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.
EOE AA m/f/d/v
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.