How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Application – Engagement Manager” to email@example.com. A member of our team will reach out within two weeks if you’re selected to move forward.
EdSolutions is an education-focused strategy and innovation consulting firm focused on generating social impact through educational markets. We help non-profits, foundations, social enterprises, and investors to focus education innovation and philanthropy on underserved students, increase the diversity of education leadership and scale proven innovations to reach the students who will benefit most from them.
About the Engagement Manager Role
Engagement Managers lead EdSolutions projects from initial scope definition, to execution, to final product delivery. Because our firm specializes in the intersection of Education, Markets and Social Impact, our consultants typically have a strong background and / or interest in one or more of those areas. As a reference point: this role is similar to consulting roles at firms like McKinsey or Bain.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Have a passion for generating social impact, and deep understanding of Pre K-12 educational markets
- Plan, execute, and adapt a diverse array of projects in dynamic environments
- Incorporate input from multiple stakeholders to mobilize groups toward common and ambitious goals
- Work effectively with multiple groups of partners to deliver high quality products
- Self-motivate and demonstrate capacity to prioritize, ensuring time is spent on highest leverage actions
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate meaningful insights
- Communicate efficiently: break down large and complex analyses into actionable recommendations while reserving the ability to drill deeper as needed
- Manage Business Analysts and other contributors: lead supporting team members’ contribution to projects and ensure they develop new skills and professional capacities
The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground and innovating to drive institutional change in the education sector. Ideal candidates will have a background that includes a combination of one or more of the following: PreK -12 education background, consulting experience, and a passion for social impact.
The requirements for this position are:
- Experience in the education sector (Pre K through 12) is highly valued. This can include time teaching, working for an educational publisher, or other deep exposure to the sector.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or an advanced degree in education is highly desired.
- Previous work in / knowledge of the education sector and/or management consulting (e.g., McKinsey, Deloitte, etc.) is a plus.
- A proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into a project.
- Comfort with forming hypotheses based on available information and iterating on recommendations as new information is uncovered.
- Capacity for managing and leading people; ability to connect with people both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
- Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic environment a significant plus and an interest in working with an innovative company seeking to build a next generation consulting model.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality. EdSolutions is prepared to offer a compensation package commensurate with your experience.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.