eLearning and Training Specialist
American Institutes for Research
You are passionate about education and have spent a great deal of time in K-12 schools working with teachers. You understand how K-12 teachers think and are familiar with the technology demands teachers face in the course of the important work they do. You will train teachers across the country via webinars, on-site trainings, and easy-to-understand system User Guides on how to use each component of AIR’s online testing system. Webinars, on-site trainings and User Guides will cover the following topics and more:
• how to register teachers for testing
• ordering paper test materials
• viewing and editing test settings and tools
• how to start, pause and end a test session
• approving students for testing
• how to monitor test progress during a session
• how to use data from the tests to improve instruction.
Your experience working with K-12 teachers makes it easy for you to translate a system into specific questions asked by teachers and ultimately into eLearning modules organized around the tasks that teachers want to complete. You are adept at writing user guides, online instructing, virtual training, and eLearning development. At this stage in your career you are looking for new opportunities – a place where you can shape the eLearning environment from the ground up, with room to grow, move up, and apply your passion for building engaging e-learning products to help people learn.
If this is you, look no further.
AIR Assessment is the leader in providing computer adaptive online tests for K-12 assessments in the US. Our technology platform is used in 26 states across the country by millions of students and teachers. Our clients rely on us to provide cutting edge training that keeps them engaged, entertained and informed. We are looking for someone to help take our training products to the next level. You will work directly with members of the senior management team to develop and implement a vision for the next generation of eLearning products. You will also work cross-functionally with a team of software developers, testers, project managers and technical writers. Your online courses and user guides will be read by thousands of teachers across the country and will impact the education of millions of students.
This position is based at our headquarters in Washington, DC. Successful candidates are required to be on site. This is not a remote position. We are hiring at all levels: Associate/Coordinator/Manager.
Your specific responsibilities in this role will include:
1. Design and develop a comprehensive training catalogue that lists and describes all of our e-Learning, webinar and video training products
2. Re-draft 11 existing User Guides and Training Manuals in plain language that speak to teachers and clearly explain how to use all components of AIR’s online testing system;
3. Help lead the production of a series of short videos and eLearning modules explaining how to use components of the online testing system;
4. Identify online training solutions that go beyond the typical webinar format that are appropriate for various clients and budgets;
5. Conduct webinars and face-to-face training with teachers and district coordinators on each component of AIR’s online testing system;
6. Infuse all training materials with a voice and tone to which teachers can easily relate;
7. Recommend designs, layouts, and formats for all eLearning products that help teachers prioritize and locate relevant information about each component of the online testing system.
• publish content using Flare (required)
• Technical Writing (required)
• Teaching and Training (required)
• eLearning design and development (required)
• Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, InDesign (required)
• Camtasia Studio, Snagit (required)
• Blackboard, Moodle, Edvance360, Meridian, Canvas (preferred)
• Windows/Mac OS
• Instructional Design
• Screensteps, 3D issue
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
• Experience working in the Education field
• Ability to write in a voice that resonates with K-12 educators
• Experience developing storyboards/ scripts for learning videos
• Experience developing eLearning courses for teachers
• Experience conducting webinars and face-to-face training with large audiences of 100-400 participants
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to changing assignor prerequisites, project scope and/or dimensions.
• Experience writing for education products or websites.
• Experience reporting financial, scientific or statistical data to readers with basic or no data literacy
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
American Institutes for Research is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.