Education Reporter for News Division
The Deseret News
The Deseret News seeks a talented writer to produce beat and enterprise stories about trends in education, from pre-school to advanced degrees in a multi-platform newsroom, featuring print, web, radio and TV journalists collaborating on enterprise reporting and breaking news. We are looking for a journalist with a proven track record, showing innovation, creativity, investigative work and an ability to process data and find stories beyond the numbers.
We are seeking a reporter who can:
- Empower readers to make smart choices regarding their personal and family’s education.
- Become an expert in education trends, including common core, privatization, financial responsibility, etc.
- Paint a picture of what education looks like in Utah today and seek out best practices and solutions.
- Identify innovation in education and question strategies that are both old and new.
- Use layers of inquiry to identify how education impacts the family, faith, personal finance, business and other aspects of society.
- The reporter must also be able to engage with other thinkers about education via social media and personal interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience, preferred.
The reporter will write primarily for the Deseret News Utah Edition, with articles to appear on deseretnews.com and also KSL.com.
The reporter will also need to demonstrate a commitment to Deseret Media Companies mission and values (http://deseretmanagement.com/mission-statement/).
To apply, please go to https://deseretnews.applicantpro.com/jobs/146421.html Please include a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please explain your interest and experience in reporting on education trends.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.