U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a Reporter to cover national education issues on a daily basis for the News section. This position involves extensive reporting and writing of short- and long-form news stories, news features, and news analysis for a broad audience. The successful candidate for this position will be comfortable with daily deadlines. The beat includes coverage of education trends, teachers’ issues, classroom innovations, politics and policy developments. This position is located in Washington, D.C. and is situated within walking distance of Foggy Bottom metro station.
- 3+ years professional experience in an online or daily journalism environment
- Excellent reporting and research skills
- Experience covering high school and higher education preferred
- Knowledge of the international higher-education industry is a plus
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines consistently
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Experience with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with content management systems, HTML and Web production is a plus
- College degree or equivalent.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
Applicants must provide a résumé and cover letter. Please visit https://apply.hrmdirect.com/resumedirect/ApplyOnline/Apply.aspx?req_id=enc-16.8625650108318625&source=275706-CS-13314 to apply!
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) plan.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.