This position researches and reports on news events and public affairs in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania related to education; provides special features and reports for use in broadcast, podcast, and digital platforms.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research writing for broadcast.
- Provide compelling, relevant story ideas, including those that can resonate on a statewide level across Pennsylvania.
- Develop and write breaking news, features and interviews.
- Perform editing, voice work and production of audio pieces.
- Coordinate and co-produce special projects, including long-form podcasts.
- Cultivate new contacts with sources and news makers.
- Work closely with other reporters, sharing information and stories.
- Handle general assignment reporting as needed.
- Prepare stories for digital platforms.
- Take still photos and videos for web use.
- Work odd hours as news requires.
- Use social media to cultivate contacts and promote work.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications or the equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Two years of journalism and on-air broadcasting experience
Software/ Technical Skills: This position must be computer literate; must have knowledge of writing, broadcasting, editing, voice work and production, and a familiarity with recording equipment.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.