The Hechinger Report, a nonprofit newsroom that covers inequality and innovation in education, is looking for a reporter to write about innovative trends in education for our website and for collaborations with major news organizations. The writer will work with our team of experienced editors and reporters to develop a new beat for the site that will explore new ways schools are teaching students and trying to tackle achievement gaps. The position will require frequent travel as the writer files dispatches from innovative schools around the country.
- Skilled at writing for both print and online audiences
- Comfortable writing perspective and analysis pieces based on in-depth reporting
- Ability to understand and explain data to a general audience
- Experience doing research
- Basic knowledge of national education issues
-Photography/ multimedia experience
- Facility using social media in reporting
- 5+ years experience preferred
- Master’s degree in journalism
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload writing samples or links to writing samples.
Required Applicant Documents:
Location negotiable, NYC preferred
Quicklink for Posting:
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.