The Seattle Times
The Seattle Times has a temporary, one-year opening for a reporter to cover K-12 education and the Seattle schools.
Education coverage is one of the Seattle Times’ top priorities. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a minimum of 2-3 years experience and a proven track record as a beat reporter who can develop enterprise and watchdog stories. We want a reporter who knows how to dig deep but can also write compelling stories for A1. Strong multi-media skills and experience covering education are big pluses.
- Two to three years experience as a beat reporter.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Must have own vehicle with auto insurance for work-related visits to other sites or other reliable means of transportation available with little notice.
To apply, submit the following materials via our online application at:
- Cover letter (uploaded to your application as an attachment)
- Resume (uploaded to your application as an attachment)
- Names of three references familiar with your work (with at least one reference being a former manager or supervisor)
- Five samples of your reporting work, preferably attached as a Word or PDF file. You are welcome to use URLs to link to your clips, provided the content is not behind a paywall. To do so, collect the URLs in a single Word document and upload it when prompted.
After completing the online application, choose the “Edit Your Profile” option to submit your attachments.
Please note: file size limit is 4MB (4,000KB)
For application assistance only, contact email@example.com The Times is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer. Learn more about our company at http://seattletimescompany.com.
No phone calls, please.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.