Digital Content Manager
The Education Writers Association (EWA) is seeking an experienced and mission-driven Digital Content Manager to play a leadership role in the organization’s strategies for the creation and dissemination of digital content.
The Digital Content Manager will help to guide, and have primary responsibility for executing, the organization’s content strategy. In addition, this manager will be responsible for ensuring the development, presentation and ongoing management of compelling and useful digital resources that contribute to high-quality reporting on education.
EWA’s mission is to strengthen the community of education writers and improve the quality of education coverage to better inform the public. As the national professional organization of journalists and others who care about high-quality education coverage, EWA has thousands of members benefiting from its training, resources, professional recognition, and customized support.
Located in the nation’s capital, EWA offers a challenging and dynamic work environment that values initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm for serving the cause of excellence in education journalism. EWA is committed to diversity and inclusion in every aspect of its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CONTENT STRATEGY: Lead efforts to ensure EWA’s website and
presence across platforms effectively serve our members and the
- Manage projects to improve EWA’s website, such as content inventories and improvements to user experience.
- Create and help carry out strategies for promoting digital content, including through SEO strategies, social media, and direct contact with members.
- Manage systems to ensure EWA content meets evolving audience and organizational needs.
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT: Conceptualize and help to create
online resources to improve education journalists’ skills and
- Serve as primary manager of EWA’s online resources for reporters, including Topics pages, the SourceSearch database of experts, blog posts, tip sheets, podcast episodes, and more.
- Ensure practices that promote SEO, and use analytics data to monitor and meet goals for content performance.
- Lead projects to introduce new forms of digital resources, such as online learning modules.
- Lead efforts to track commitments for content creation and usage and report on page views/downloads to stakeholders.
- OTHER PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Develop conference training sessions on timely topics in education and journalism, including researching and framing issues, recruiting speakers, writing session descriptions, and leading speaker-prep calls.
- Manage fulfillment of programming commitments under specific grants, including ensuring production, promotion and usage of grant-supported offerings and monitoring progress toward completion.
- Contribute to EWA performance reports for the board and others.
- Write or produce content for the EWA.org website or for other communications to members.
- Carry out other tasks as needed.
Essential Skills and Traits
- Top-notch communications skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in increasing reach and engagement across platforms
- Ability to think strategically, proactively identify issues, and generate recommendations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and conscientiously tackle tasks large and small
- Superior project management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- Website management
- Proficiency with G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and basic CSS/HTML
- Proficiency with social media platforms and keen interest in learning new tools and systems
- Background in or passion for K-12 and higher education issues or journalism a plus
- Experience in membership nonprofit organizations a plus
- Experience with grant management a plus
The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, with growth potential. EWA offers a number of benefits for our full-time staff:
- Paid annual and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Metro accessible office
- On-site fitness center
- Health/vision/dental coverage (individual premiums mostly paid by EWA)
- Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by EWA)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage (100% of premiums paid by EWA)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan (EWA contribution after one year)
Send a resume and a detailed cover letter (as attachments) explaining why your skills, interests and experience make this opportunity the right fit to email@example.com. Be sure to include your salary expectations. Travel required. This is not a telecommuting position. No phone calls, please.
EWA is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EWA is committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of its mission.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.