Digital Communications Specialist
Southern Regional Education Board
The Southern Regional Education Board has an exceptional opportunity for a Digital Communications Specialist to lead web, social and other digital communications in support of our mission to improve education at every level, from pre-K through Ph.D.
What does the SREB Digital Communications Specialist do?
- Proactively improves SREB’s website, email, social and other digital communications
- Coordinates training, collaboration and improvement among SREB web and social media contributors
- Plans, executes and evaluates digital campaigns and feedback strategies
- Leads development of new web content and functionality
- Researches and writes content to support communications priorities
- Manages production of photo, video, audio and information data graphics for a portfolio of projects
What does it take to be an SREB Digital Communications Specialist?
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, education policy or a related field; AND at least two years of professional experience in journalism, communications, marketing, education policy or related field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Proven ability to write fluently and edit effectively
Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects
Proven track record of taking initiative and solving problems
Experience with content management systems, video editing, email marketing platforms, social media and web analytics
We seek candidates with:
- Enthusiasm for learning new information, skills and tools and applying them in teams
- A creative, positive approach to problem-solving
- A strategic approach to communications
- Experience with nonprofit or education organizations
- Understanding of big-picture issues as well as attention to detail
Please see the full job description and requirements at SREB.org/Careers, where you may apply.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.