Developmental Script Editor
Edpuzzle is a video-learning platform used by over 80% of schools in the United States, and thousands more around the world. We make it easy for teachers to engage their students with interactive video lessons. By creating an extensive library of interactive video lessons, we are on our way to becoming a “one-stop-shop” where teachers can find reliable, standards-aligned video lessons to help their students master important content.
We are looking for an experienced writer and/or editor to join our curriculum team. The ideal candidate will be experienced with writing or media (especially for children), with teaching experience being an added bonus. You will be responsible for editing video scripts and developing writing guidelines for curriculum designers in multiple subject areas (ELA, math, social studies, and science).
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Script Editing: Work closely with lesson writers as a developmental editor, reviewing script outlines and drafts to make recommendations on structure, style, tone, and clarity. Help distill complex concepts using straightforward, accessible language. Edit and improve all of the scripts we produce to ensure they meet quality expectations.
- Developing Brand Voice: Develop writing guidelines that ensure all of our scripts have a consistent style and tone that will connect with teachers and students.
- Scaling: Help to scale curriculum production by identifying inefficiencies in the processes for script writing and editing. Develop guidelines for our curriculum designers to improve their writing, decrease their need for editing, and allow them to sustainably increase the volume of scripts they produce.
- Demonstrated expertise with short-form writing and editing, with an emphasis on children’s media
- Strong storytelling skills, particularly for nonfiction educational topics
- Attention to detail, with a keen editorial eye for catching errors and for improving the organization and clarity of scripted content
- Experience with elementary-aged children
- Intellectual curiosity across multiple subject areas
- Competitive salary and a substantial yearly salary review.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Macbook Air, monitor, and flexible work-from-home setup
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn & build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.