Deputy Director of Content Marketing & Communications
About the Role
The Deputy Director of Content Marketing & Communications will write and produce various projects and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness,and interest from potential funders and potential school partners. This role requires a deep understanding of the K-12 school landscape and a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
This role interacts with a cross-section of teams and stakeholders across New Classrooms. The right candidate will bring a strong sense of storytelling and experience with content marketing through various channels. There is a strong preference for candidates who have experience writing content for school leaders and teachers.
- You stay up on the latest research and trends in the education space
- You are a prolific writer who can easily go from writing a blog post to editing a white paper to drafting a speech for our co-founders
- You are a stickler for details and a hard-core grammarian
- You are a flexible and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people across an organization
- You can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- You have a passion for our mission to personalize learning for every student, every day
What You Would Do
- Create a free resource each month to drive awareness, and leads from potential funders and school partners (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics (with a designer), guides, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers.
- Grow our awareness among educators and funders by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Collaborate with graphic designers,sales, fundraising and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
What We are Looking For
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- Strong knowledge of K-12 landscape, especially education technology
- Experience implementing SEO best practices is required
- 5-7 years of experience writing in the education space in a fast-paced environment
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Experience writing for education leaders at the district and site level preferred
- Experience as a journalist strongly preferred
Please submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms’ first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.
Working at New Classrooms
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that continually looks to match our team members with roles that fit their strengths and interests. We look to bring on new team members who share a deep-seated interest in improving our nation’s schools, solving problems in innovative ways, getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment, and growing professionally.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.