Content marketing specialist
Learning Forward is hiring a Content Marketing Specialist with strong writing skills to repurpose existing content and create new content that helps educators improve their practice. Projects will include how-to guides, blog posts, case studies, promotional teasers, and other marketing and communications vehicles.
For more than 50 years, Learning Forward’s work has supported education leaders at all levels to transform their systems into true learning systems, leveraging effective professional learning as the primary driver of school and system improvement.
We are looking for someone with marketing, communications, and writing expertise to help expand our marketing outreach and better support our growing organization. The ideal candidate will be adept at taking long-form and evergreen content and repurposing it into brand-aligned and engaging pieces, optimized for various marketing channels. You will work with the Sr. VP of marketing to create, improve, and maintain content to support various departments and drive demand, lead generation, and engagement.
Position can be remote or in one of our Texas or Ohio offices.
- Work with Sr. VP of marketing and appropriate program leads
to creates sales support documents, including
- Brochures / collateral
- Case studies / Impact reports
- Implementation guides/videos
- Promotional teasers
- Repurpose current content, including
- Creating collections, for sale/for members
- Repackaging/refreshing evergreen content
- Develop new content, including
- Blogs: Member success stories / interviews
- Member how-to-guides for engagement
- Special content for core groups: district members, affiliates, long-term members, etc.
- Excerpts from sessions/books
- Video editing
- Ensure that content adheres to brand guidelines, has a consistent voice, supports our strategic plan, and promotes a positive experience.
- Work closely with various teams to understand audience behavior and adjust content strategy accordingly.
- Perform data analysis and reporting.
Marketing team support
- Work with marketing team to coordinate, plan, create, disseminate, and monitor promotional communications.
- Assist in monitoring performance metrics, identifying issues, and suggesting potential improvements.
- Assist in conducting research related to attracting and retaining potential members, customers, and clients.
- Assist with creating and updating our web presence, including web pages, blogs, events, videos, announcements, SEO, etc.
- Serve as a member of marketing and communications teams, often acting as technical and strategic advisor.
- Contribute to overall strategic planning for short- and long-term improvements.
- Support colleagues as needed.
- Participate in consensus decision-making.
- Complete annual growth plan and professional development process.
- Seek to continuously improve work processes and methods to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work in compliance with staff agreements, employee policies, budget, and protocols.
- Exemplify professionalism in all work.
Minimum skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills — samples will be required.
- Strong understanding of how to optimize messaging for various mediums
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Basic knowledge of basic graphic design principles and software
- Ability to organize and prioritize a schedule
- Exhaustive attention to detail
- Two or more years’ experience in marketing and project management
We offer a strong compensation package and a supportive and collaborative culture that wants you to succeed and grow personally and professionally.
Send resume and writing samples to Anthony Armstrong at Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.