Wisconsin School of Business
Are you passionate about education? Are you a grammar aficionado who cares deeply about the difference between its and it’s? Do you live to write, and write to live? Can you craft content for both print and digital delivery?
The Wisconsin School of Business is looking for a Content Writer to create engaging stories that promote one of the top-rated business schools in the country. Bring the School’s dynamic new brand to life through news stories and blog posts on the WSB web site with engaging, relevant content about cutting-edge research, innovation, learning experiences, student success, industry collaborations, and gift impact.
Located in beautiful Grainger Hall in the heart of the UW-Madison campus, you will be work alongside world-renowned faculty with a collaborative, talented, and dedicated in-house agency team that includes marketing strategists, designers, copywriters, editors, a photographer, a videographer, and a PR staff who work together seamlessly to tell the school’s story. This relatively new department, Integrated Marketing Communications wants to know know why you are perfect for this role and how you will contribute to our fun and energetic team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least five years of writing and edition copy within a communications, media, or marketing function
- Will have demonstrated experience as a writer, reporter and/or editor in researching and producing original content for print publications and digital communications
- Communicates exceptionally well in writing and in person and shines giving formal presentations
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, especially related to feature writing and blogs, with the ability to translate complex ideas into compelling stories
- Experienced in incorporating feedback from a diverse range of stakeholders while maintaining compelling storytelling
- Strong ability to understand business objectives and translate into editorial objectives to support organizational goals
- Understanding of brand and ability to reflect a consistent brand voice
- Excellent interpersonal skills with groups and individuals in diverse settings and using a range of techniques, including face to face, telephone, email and other written correspondence, and public speaking
- High capacity for demanding editorial volume and must function well under deadline pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work toward goals within deadlines and manage and track complex projects
- Exhibits a high-level of resourcefulness in sourcing and researching projects
- Proficiency with web technology and writing for the web
For more information, including how to apply, please see the entire posting online at: http://go.wisc.edu/blj154
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.