Content and Communications Coordinator
The Carnegie Foundation
The Content and Communications Coordinator will support the Foundation’s communications and field-building efforts across its multiple channels, including print, Web, email, and social media. S/he will be an integral part of the Communications team, and will work on the front lines of delivering key content and messages to our targeted audiences.
- Create, implement, and manage print and digital content with the goal of engaging key audiences through various media platforms.
- Work with the Communications team to integrate traditional marketing efforts with social and online media.
- Work with the team in creating and maintaining compelling and up-to-date content for the public website.
- Assist the team in preparing print-ready/PDF-download documents using InDesign templates.
- Update, maintain, and run reports from Salesforce as needed.
- Post content on the public website as needed, including the blog, staff, events, and program pages, and perform periodic maintenance and reviews of the site to ensure that content is up-to-date and relevant.
- Monitor and report on key website analytics and usage.
- Assist in the creation and production of graphics and imagery for print, the website, email, and social media campaigns.
- Produce email campaigns for the Foundation’s mailing list to share news and information about the Foundation’s work.
- Monitor and maintain the email accounts used to send email campaigns.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Foundation mailing list and contact database, Salesforce.
- Coordinate the Foundation’s social media presence by planning, researching, creating, and recommending content to share via social media, including scheduled posts.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key audiences through social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other relevant social media coordinators in order to share ideas and benefit from the insight of others, and further expand the social interaction of our various platforms.
- Track and report on statistical metrics and key performance indicators
- Create and maintain a content editorial calendar.
Writing, Editing, Publications
- Provide writing and editing support for publications and blog posts.
- Edit and proofread content for online and print.
- Collaborate with Carnegie staff, editors, consultants, and vendors.
- Provide editorial and research support for grant writing.
- Other duties as required or requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or other relevant field
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of web communications best practices, including copywriting, SEO, and responsive design
- Professional experience producing and sending email campaigns using a cloud-based email marketing tool
- Professional experience coordinating and managing social media channels, as well as tracking, reporting, and making recommendations based on site analytics
- Knowledge and comfort with HTML, CSS. Experience using Salesforce or other CRM a plus.
- Deep familiarity with a wide variety of social media outlets and platforms.
- Knowledge and comfort with InDesign or a willingness to learn in a short time period.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent copy writing/editing skills.
- Experience in project management and coordination preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills. Able to effectively and clearly communicate with a wide range of people, particularly with an academic audience.
- Must be very flexible and comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity where processes, timelines, and targets are evolving quickly.
- Must exhibit sound judgment, be dependable, and be willing and eager to learn.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines in a calm, courteous, and professional manner; must be resourceful and highly organized.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously as a member of a close knit team in a collaborative culture.
The Carnegie Foundation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits in a pleasant and friendly work environment. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please refer to the position in the subject line and email your salary expectations and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.