Center on Reinventing Public Education (CRPE)
The Center on Reinventing Public Education (CRPE) is a national research and policy analysis center affiliated with the University of Washington. For nearly 25 years, we have led the way in studying systemic challenges affecting K-12 education and envisioning a new system of public education for the future. We actively engage with city and state leaders to study their unique challenges and develop pragmatic, evidence-based solutions so that every child can have access to an excellent education. CRPE is an entrepreneurial, results-oriented organization that values rigor, nuance, and impact.
The Communications Specialist will work with the Director of Communications to set center-wide communications priorities and develop and execute integrated outreach strategies for CRPE projects and publications. The Communications Specialist will lead CRPE’s social media and email marketing efforts, working to dramatically accelerate the center’s reputation, influence, and impact.
- Outreach strategies. Plan and execute robust, targeted outreach and dissemination plans for CRPE publications, blogs, and other products to ensure our research and ideas reach the right audiences.
- Digital communications. Create accessible, compelling email, web, and social media content. Write, design, and send report and blog announcements, press releases, and newsletters. Write web content, including project splash pages and publication summaries. Manage social media channels, including strategic campaigns. Manage contact database and build targeted dissemination lists.
- Impact tracking. Set measurable goals for success, assess and report on communications-related outcomes (including social media analytics and traditional media mentions), and revise and refine tactics to improve future performance.
- Strong interest in the mission of CRPE
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to translate complex concepts into accessible language for multiple audiences and channels
- Self-initiative, with independent problem-solving and project management
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality and attention to detail
- Minimum two years experience in a comparable role
- BA in Communications or related field, such as Journalism, English, or Public Policy
For the full job description, requirements, and to apply online visit UWHires (Req. #144784). Priority will be given to those who apply by Friday, May 26, 2017.
Reporting: The Communications Specialist will report to Deb Britt, Communications Director
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.