Communications Program Associate
The American Council of Trustees and Alumni
ACTA’s Communications Department is responsible for all digital communications, as well as several related sections of our website. The department is charged with presenting ACTA’s message to the outside world in an informed, articulate, and accurate manner. The department strives to maintain ACTA’s distinctive tone and style in all its work, from 140 character tweets to extended articles and op-eds.
The Program Associate, Communications assists in the coordination of ACTA’s communications efforts under the supervision of the Program Officer, Communications and the Director of Communications. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Digital Media Producer in developing and expanding ACTA’s new media program.
- Assisting in drafting eBlasts and monthly eNewsletters.
- Contributing to ACTA’s blog (The Forum).
- Providing content for ACTA’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts under the supervision of the Digital Media Producer.
- Providing a weekly report to the staff detailing ACTA’s social media presence.
- Updating the News Roundup on the website and assisting with website maintenance.
- Contributing stories to ACTA’s quarterly newsletter, Inside Academe.
- Scrubbing media lists.
- Maintaining a database of LTE and op-ed submission guidelines at major papers.
- Producing sound research on matters concerning higher education policy and reform.
- Assisting as needed with the execution and promotion of programmatic work.
The Communications Associate must approach these tasks as an entrepreneurial enterprise, requiring an understanding of and proactive approach to ACTA’s program activities. This role requires a personable, creative, dynamic, well organized, highly motivated, and principled person. This individual is expected to act with the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Nick Barden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.