Location: Washington, DC; Bay Area, CA; or Remote
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to spur innovation to advance equity in education and improve the opportunity to learn. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve education and provide people with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise centers our work in equity and values and rewards inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise is seeking a mission-driven, innovative communications professional to serve as Communications Manager. The Communications Manager will work closely with the Communications Project Director and program staff from each of Digital Promise’s initiatives to help manage the organization’s content workflow. This person will be integral in shaping clear and concise messaging, developing content and content strategies, executing on communications efforts, and managing an editorial calendar.
The Communications Manager will wear various hats depending on needs and goals, so it is essential that the candidate work well within a matrixed team and be creative, flexible, and organized.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with program and Communications staff on strategy and content development.
- Creating, writing, editing, and proofing communications (including blog posts, reports, newsletters, and social media content) to ensure quality and consistency, utilizing people and financial resources efficiently and effectively.
- Designing, managing, and tracking projects and communications in an organized and efficient manner.
- Working collaboratively with the communications team and initiative leads across Digital Promise to ensure consistency, synergy, and complementary communications efforts.
- 5+ years’ experience in communications/marketing, digital media, journalism, education, or a related field. Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience managing multi-faceted content projects and/or communications campaigns.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, work collaboratively, and use a consultative approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong writing, copy-editing, and proofing skills, with knowledge of and experience in AP Style writing and editing, demonstrated through writing samples.
- An authoritative, informal writing voice, with ability to make complex concepts and data accessible to a wide audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to improving education for students who have historically been underserved.
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to take initiative and see tasks through to completion.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” attitude.
At Digital Promise, we also seek candidates with:
- A strong commitment to racial equity
- A commitment to anti-racist approaches to our work
- Persistent self-awareness and regular self-reflection
- Diverse life experiences
- An interest in redesigning learning systems
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements here: https://digitalpromise.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/94b865e3-4a11-b66a-1c5d-de25ec9f84ea/apply?source=1443372-CS-35390
Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.