This position reports to the State Outreach and Engagement Director. Applicants from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment to continue to build a strong and equitable prenatal-to-3 system of care. This position can be performed remotely, and hybrid remote-work opportunities are available.
Job Description Summary:
The Prenatal-to-3 Policy Impact Center aims to be the go-to resource for actionable evidence for state policy leaders as they develop and implement the most effective policies that ensure children get off to a strong start and thrive. We seek an energetic and experienced person to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to strengthen and grow the network of internal and external audiences for the Policy Impact Center.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
Project management and leadership:
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to meet organizational goals, in partnership with the Policy and Research Teams and in consultation with the Leadership Team
- Direct and manage all internal and external communication efforts
- Develop and manage content calendars based on communication goals, and event and campaign production timelines for the Policy and Research teams
- Track and monitor relevant analytics to improve communication effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide on-going mentoring and feedback to staff and support the professional growth and career development of staff
- Develop materials to educate staff across the organization on communication practices
Communications and marketing and strategy:
- Work with staff to develop original content and opportunities to meet communication goals and to translate complex research findings to policy action
- Seek and implement innovative strategies and improvements to increase the organization’s visibility
- Ensure that efforts are coordinated and messaging is consistent across channels.
- Advise and train faculty, staff, and students as needed on communication issues
- Build employee advocacy and participation in communication efforts across all teams
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Ensure all external pieces are consistent in branding/visual style, including the design of primary branding pieces (report/brief/working papers templates, presentation template, leave behinds, posters, letterhead, promotional pieces); materials for special events; external publications (reports, briefs, website publications, visualizations, etc.); and project graphic design needs (custom art, surveys, etc.)
- Experience working for socially-focused non-profit organizations
- Work experience or deep understanding of public policymaking and policy issues that impact families throughout early childhood, prenatal-to-3 period or early childhood.
- Experience developing and implementing a communications strategy
- Experience synthesizing complex concepts clearly and concisely and communicating sensitive topics effectively
- Ability to discern and justify the appropriate messages for different lengths and formats
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, strong problem-solving abilities, tenacity about details and organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent proofing and editing abilities with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Able to come up to speed on new topics quickly, multi-task effectively, and produce high-quality work under time constraints; flexible and able to adapt to changing timelines and circumstances when needed
- Experience providing supervision and guidance to other staff
- Demonstrated understanding and support for key concepts in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years of related experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education
Preferred skills and experience:
- Keen ability to differentiate between advocacy and being a resource for evidence-based research
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.