JOB TITLE: Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective Immediately
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
Parcc Inc. seeks a Communications Manager to work with the communications team to serve as content writer and manager for Parcc Inc. in support of the PARCC member states and their state communications directors. The work will support states and districts as they implement the PARCC system and, over time, use the results to drive instructional improvements and increase students’ rates of college and career ready preparation.
The communications manager will manage daily communications functions including managing the PARCC website and PARCC Updates newsletter content and production, and also serving as social media manager for the PARCC consortium. The communications manager will help identify communications opportunities and challenges and assist in the development and implementation of plans to address them.
When applying, please include three recent writing samples. These may be uploaded through the application process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Writing and Editing
- Serve as editor of the biweekly PARCC Updates electronic newsletter, responsible for soliciting and writing content, editing, and overseeing production.
- Manage the PARCC and Parcc Inc. websites, including content writing and editing, and oversee maintenance of the site by vendor.
- Write, edit, and format news articles, web content, member correspondence, social media content, press releases, op-eds, marketing materials, and publications.
- Work with communications consultants: assign, manage and edit their content.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for Parcc Inc. leadership
- Assist in reviewing and editing all communications sent to PARCC members
- Provide editorial assistance across Parcc Inc.
- Update and edit content on the website
- Work with Parcc Inc. staff to ensure adherence to Parcc Inc. and PARCC consortium style and branding.
- Assist the Communications Director to implement the organization’s strategic communications plan
- Assist with the day-to-day management of Parcc Inc.’s network of state education agency communications directors, providing strategic support, technical assistance, and logistical support
- Provide support to Parcc Inc. programs and state education agencies as they work to improve communications at the state and local levels
- Manage Parcc Inc.’s day-to-day activity on social media and assist the Communications Director in creating and implementing Parcc Inc.’s social media strategy
- Develop monthly media/social media tracking updates for leadership staff
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent writing that exhibits a strong, clear, and concise writing style
- Three years of experience in communications, with strong preference for experience in journalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to exercise solid communications judgment
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work independently to prioritize work, set timelines, and make adjustments to work priorities as necessary
- Strong knowledge of and experience with social media
- Knowledge of HTML, experience with a CMS such as Wordpress, Joomla or similar
TO APPLY: Please apply thru our Career Page Portal.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.