The National Council on Teacher Quality
NCTQ (www.nctq.org) has a new opening for a Communications Manager. This individual will manage the implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy, promoting the organization’s resources and supporting its advocacy aims.
The Communications Manager supports each of the three department heads at NCTQ (district policy, state policy and teacher preparation) as well as the President of NCTQ. Additionally, the position calls for liaison with communications consultants, web programmer contractors and graphic design contractors.
- Work with each of NCTQ’s three departments to coordinate the organization’s content calendar and carry out communications strategy for individual products, resources and campaigns.
- Support each department with its outreach to advocacy organizations, educators, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Draft and disseminate press releases, media alerts, and other communications.
- Facilitate press requests and maintain master press list.
- Manage and coordinate the organization’s website, e-letters and other online and social media assets, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices in education policy and practice.
- Help define and collect metrics to assess effectiveness of communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education policies and trends.
- Strong writing skills. Ability to tailor writing for a wide variety of audiences and mediums.
- Knowledge of, and fluency in, effective social media and web technology trends, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to develop concepts for infographics communicating our content.
- Ability of thrive in an organization of self-motivated, highly capable thinkers where management with a soft touch is generally all that is required.
This is a mid-level position. NCTQ offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume, or any inquiries, to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The National Council on Teacher Quality is an equal opportunity employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.