Communications Coordinator with Education Reform P.R. Firm
Are you interested in pursuing a career in communications at a national level? Are you passionate about helping innovative organizations make great impact on our nation’s schools? Does an organization with a diverse and high-profile client base that will provide great opportunities for professional growth and good compensation sound appealing? Then read on:
Larson Communications is a growing public relations firm that has developed a reputation as the nation’s premiere public education reform communications organization. With offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we serve clients across the country as they do positive work with millions of children and families.
Our small, seasoned team has over eight decades of experience in raising the visibility of great organizations, including some of the most innovative charter school and education reform organizations in the country. We celebrate this cause, our spirit of collaboration, and are looking to bring aboard a self-motivated, highly skilled Communications Coordinator to join our team.
As Communications Coordinator, your job duties will include:
- Supporting LC’s account executives and communications managers across clients.
- Drafting, editing and distributing communications materials to internal and external audiences (e.g. news releases, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, presentations, infographic, etc.)
- Maintaining LC’s online media database system, including conducting research on media markets and outlets for targeted media campaigns.
- Providing weekly and campaign reports for different media campaigns as well as client coverage in the news.
- Researching and monitoring clients’ business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Providing administrative support including calendar management, scheduling, coordination of meetings, logistics, travel arrangements, timesheets and expense reports, fielding incoming calls, filing, and technical support.
- Supporting the firm’s president as we expand to serve more clients.
- Serving as ambassador of Larson Communications when networking with clients and peers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 1 – 2 years of experience the public relations or public policy arenas, administrative experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Policy or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as social media savvies.
- Knowledge of public education reform and charter schools is a plus.
- A team player with a collaborative spirit and demonstrated experience in leading team projects.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, social and digital media tools as well as Cision.
This position will be based in San Francisco and report directly to the Communications Manager. Send resumes with heading ‘Communications Coordinator’ along with a cover letter. Please no phone calls.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.