Communications Consultant/Digital Editor
California Teachers Association
CTA is looking for an experienced digital editor and social media coordinator with knowledge of public education and matters impacting students and educators. You will be responsible for creating original text and graphic content, managing posts and responding to followers. You should be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and member engagement. The understanding of the issues facing public education and labor unions is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of communication strategies using social media platforms, website, email and other digital tools.
- Creates and curates content for strategic digital distribution.
- Monitors digital communications trends and provides direction on how to increase engagement.
- Interpersonal and interdepartmental coordination to achieve goals using digital tools and tactics.
- Writes and edits content for California Educator and other association publications
- Works as assigned with the Communications Advisory Committee and works with local chapters’ Communications Committees.
- Assists in the development of CTA website and digital delivery strategy.
- Trains members on digital trends, content, and social media best practices.
- Uses digital tools to achieve and complement CTA’s mission and values.
- Uses digital tools and tactics to tell the story of CTA members and our broader community.
- Develops and maintains a seamless social media communications strategy for CTA print & online publications and the website to ensure maximum content exposure.
- Uses digital tools and tactics to engage with the members, allies, and the broader community to communicate and accomplish CTA’s values and mission.
- Works with other digital staff to create and implement strategic campaign objectives.
- Identifies organizing opportunities across digital platforms.
- Moderates and facilitates virtual forums and spaces for CTA members, allies, and community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree or higher in a communications-related field.
- Experience as a web writer/editor.
- Experience with blogging.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology, Microsoft Suite and the ability to learn and use the Association’s software programs including web publishing software.
- Ability to use websites and social media as organizing tools.
- Working knowledge of the latest in web trends and web tools.
- Ability to use digital cameras.
- Ability to develop, organize and conduct website, social media and writing for the web trainings.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately research.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Understanding of the critical issues facing public education and the education profession.
- Understanding of the functions of professional organizations and unions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CA driver’s license.
To view the complete job description and apply, visit the job posting on the CTA career center:
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.