Saint Louis University PRiME Center
The Saint Louis University PRiME Center invites applications for the position of Communications Associate. The successful candidate will help deepen the communications work of the Center, by managing the communications efforts of the team. This position starts on or after September 1, 2021 as a 10-month grant-funded appointment to be potentially renewed in tandem with approved renewal of the grant.
About SLU PRiME: Over the past decade, the focus of education policymakers has shifted to the point where data and evidence are vital to decision-making. Missouri and the St. Louis region present an interesting case for education research through the growth of the charter school market; shifts in the traditional public school systems; and the implications of these changes for the state’s urban, suburban, and rural districts. Missouri policymakers, school leaders, teachers, and parents are now faced with more data on education than ever before and must grapple with education decisions based on these data. The School of Education at Saint Louis University launched the PRiME Center to serve as a third-party, objective analyst of data and information on education and education-related research. The PRiME Center provides straightforward access to Missouri school data, easily consumable reports and research, and a vital voice in the education decision-making process.
Position Summary: The SLU PRiME Center is seeking a Communications Associate to manage the team’s communications portfolio. The Communications Associate will help to deepen the Center’s outreach efforts, including working to manage the Center’s Communications tasks, helping to grow the Center’s newsletter email list and social media following, and helping with editing and formatting of the Center’s products.
Responsibilities: The Communications Associate will have the opportunity to:
- Help increase communication with external stakeholders,
- Helping to manage PRiME webpage
- Managing PRiME’s social media outreach, including working to increase the Center’s following on Twitter and Facebook
- Working to grow the network of subscribers to PRiME’s weekly newsletter
- Help to manage the webinar series, including coordinating speakers, advertising, and posting to the PRiME website
- Promoting the circulation of key products to media
- Work with School of Education and University Marketing and Communications offices to increase PRiME’s visibility
- Support the production of PRiME’s products, including:
- Copy-editing and helping to format written reports
- Working with team to produce and edit videos highlighting the Center’s work
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public policy, or a related field
- Excellent communications skills, including excellent writing and copy-editing skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Communications experience, including leveraging social media professionally, communicating with external stakeholders and the media
- Expertise in the dissemination of the results of research projects, preferably related to education
- Experience working with academics, legislators, and education stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, to work independently, and to problem solve through the completion of goals
- Interest in helping to be part of a growing Center, including demonstrated ability to work flexibly and bring new ideas to the table
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public policy, or a related field
- Expertise with multimedia, including video-editing
- Knowledge of Missouri’s legislative landscape, DESE, and DHE data and policy
- Content expertise in education policy, research methods, and research design
Salary and Starting Date: Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and includes benefits, with a starting date on or after September 1, 2021. Start date is negotiable.
Application Process: Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and names of references with full contact information. All application materials should be submitted in PDF format directly to the PRiME team at email@example.com. For full consideration, all applications should be submitted by August 15, 2021, with applications being reviewed on a rolling basis. For inquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non‐merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314‐977‐5847.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.