National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE)
The National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE) is hiring a Communications Associate to join their team. The Communications Associate will work closely with the Director of Communications and Advocacy and support NCEE’s media relations and outreach efforts, online presence, and partner engagement. The Communications Associate will play a key role in the development and implementation of communications and public relations strategies. Communications Associate will assist in the development of written, video, graphical and electronic communications to support NCEE’s mission.
- Produce content for the organization’s website and printed collateral including updating NCEE’s website and drafting content for brochures.
- Manage and execute the organization’s social media strategy.
- Coordinate production of NCEE’s Global Ed Talks video and podcast series.
- Produce and manage virtual and in-person events, including webinars and major publication releases.
- Work with the policy team to produce weekly emails and monthly e-newsletters.
- Manage membership and recruitment communications for NCEE’s professional learning network organization(s), including website content and email writing/distribution.
- Generate press materials including, but not limited to, press releases, one-pagers, infographics, Q&As and web copy.
- Support the Director’s management of press strategy as well as day-to-day media relations for the organization.
- Support President and CEO when needed in preparation of presentations to international, national and state audiences.
- May include:
- Writing white papers and other education content for the policy and C&A teams.
- Contributing to the drafting of content for proposals.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent writing skills are essential.
- Strong verbal communications skills; able to confidently coordinate with senior-level educators and policymakers.
- Knowledge of communications strategies including earned media and social media.
- PR/Media, journalism, advocacy, association recruitment or marketing experience
- Passion for and experience working in the education arena.
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills, planning abilities, ability to balance multiple projects independently, coordinate across teams and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience with communication applications including WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, Zoom is preferred.
- Three years minimum relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Journalism, Communications or a related-field.
Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line.
For more than three decades, The National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE) has been leading major advances in American education, helping to build a better, more equitable public education system. NCEE’s Center on International Education Benchmarking is recognized as the premier U.S. source of actionable insights into the world’s top-performing education systems. Our Center on Policy Solutions is helping states and districts craft some of the nation’s most significant and transformative policy reforms. And NCEE’s Center on System Leadership is providing district and school leaders across the country with the skills, knowledge and tools to create high-performing education systems through our leading supports.
NCEE is committed to creating a diverse environment and being an equal opportunity employer. NCEE encourages all qualified candidates to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
Job Seekers: Help EWA by mentioning that you found this career opportunity on EWA’s website.
Employers: Looking to find the best talent in education reporting and communications? Post your employment opportunities with EWA.